Wednesday, September 2, 2026

THE WEDNESDAY WITCH #17 - Witchember - Witchy Books, Movies, Television & Recipes #Witchember #WitchBooks #WitchyBooks #WitchAnime #WitchHatAtelier #WitchyThings #Witches

  
SEVENTEEN
WITCHTEMBER
BOOKS
WITCH HAT ATELIER VOLUME TWELVE
By Kamome Shirahama
MYSTICAL STITCHES
By Cristi Johnson
THE WITCH
By Marie Ndiaye
ANIME
WITCH HAT ATELIER SEASON ONE
WITCHERY COOKERY
A WITCHES' TEA PARTY

Hello, my magical mavens! It's Wednesday Witch time. This is a junction between my Toadstone & Bumbershoot posts and my La La in the Library posts; with a good helping of Fantasy book topics and quiet little everyday witch things.
•

SEPTEMBER IS WITCHTEMBER

✶✶✶✶✶
(4.5)
I loved this volume, but not as much as volume eleven, which I think has been the best one in the series, for me, so far. I read this all the way back in December of last year; just before the new year. It is the last witch-themed book I read until this September! I used to read at least one a month. I'm going to try and get back to reading more witch books again.


✶✶✶✶✶
I have been wanting to get back into embroidery and this book not only starts with basic stitches, but goes all the way through to embroidery that will challenge most needleworkers. I had it on my ebook wishlist for a long time, waiting for it to go on sale, so I could see how good it was before shelling out for a hardcover. It finally popped up for $2.99 last week. It's still $2.99 on Amazon at the time of this post.


✶✶
(2.5)
This should have been a short story. There were some profound observances in this book, but they were diluted by long swaths of dull uninspired blather. I am surprised it was shortlisted for the Booker Prize.



WITCHERY
COOKERY
I love to host witches' tea parties for friend's birthdays. The hats are already pointy. Ha ha!




WITCH HAT ATELIER ANIME
They made my favorite manga into an anime series! The first season is complete on Crunchyroll (they have a free trial if you are interested). My son's friend gave me his complementary use code so I could watch it ages ago, but I just got around to watching episode one on Monday. The animation art is fabulous, but they over anime "magical girled", for lack of a better term, the main character Coco. She gets a bit too comically charged emotionally over doing magic; which is not like the manga character. In the manga she is more serious and subdued about it. The voice dub actor for her character annoys me a tad, too, ha ha. I'm sure I will get used to it as I go along.






I want to make a plushie of a brushbuddy!


Do you watch anime?

4 comments:

  1. I don't watch anime but Will has gotten in to some of it. He's gotten a few connected book series and read them all which makes me incredibly happy. They're graphic novels but I will take what I can get if he's reading! I love the idea of embroidery but have never had luck doing much with my hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ask Will if he has watched the anime movie Spirited Way. It's my favorite. 🎏

      I used to both crochet and embroider quite a bit. I have all the accessories to start doing both again, but I never get started. I wanted to do both while listening to audiobooks. 🎧

      Delete
  2. I don't watch anime but my grandson does so I've seen some of it. I've never been into embroidery but I remember learning how to do it in sewing/home economics class in high school a very long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ask him if he has watched the movie Spirited Away. It's my favorite anime film. My son and I try to watch it every Thanksgiving. 🎐

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by.