TELL ME TUESDAY
NUMBER FOUR HUNDRED AND FORTY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
JULY READING WRAP-UP
TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature where I tell you what I read last, what I'm reading now, and what I will be reading next.
My July theme was Summer in the City.
(books set in New York City)
•
My August theme is Dog Days of Summer.
(books with dogs in them)
✯
A Year of Brontë
•
Little House Series Buddy Re-Read
•
Dickens Year-Long Slow Read
★
LITERARY FICTION
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION
MY GOODREADS THOUGHTS
JAMAICA
Published 1966 - Internet Archive Library Borrow/Own Paperback
•
Liis, from Cover to Cover, and I buddy read this abomination. It is not a legitimate prequel to Jane Eyre. It's garbage.
★★★★★
(4.5)
LITERARY FICTION
HISTORICAL
1880-1980
NEW YORK CITY
MUSIC -TELEVISION - MOVIES
Published 2018 - Hoopla Borrow
•
This was my second book for Summer in the City; the first one was a DNF.
★★★★
ADULT LITERATURE
HISTORICAL
1980s
JAPANESE CULTURE
FOUND FAMILY
LGBTQ
Published 1988 - Hoopla Borrow
I like this cover better.
•
This was the only book of the three I read DEWEY'S 24-HOUR REVERSE READ-ATHON that I liked. The other two: The Cat Who Saved Books (Libby borrow) and Witch Hat Atelier Kitchen (own ebook) I rated one and two stars respectively.
★
ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
Published April 2026 - Hoopla Borrow
•
I've been reading books that loosely connect with the Little House series buddy re-read I have been doing this year. Yesteryear is about a pioneer-esque social media influencer who mysteriously ends up living a real pioneer life. The writing was horrendous, but the author did point out how ridiculous and dishonest influencers can be.
★★★★★
LITERARY FICTION
STANDALONE
CLASSIC
HISTORICAL
THE HUMAN CONDITION
Published 1965 - Hoopla Borrow
•
Stoner, which I loved, takes place in Missouri around the same time Laura Ingalls Wilder settled in the state with her husband and daughter (1894-1957). It was during this time she wrote and published the Little House books with her daughter Rose's help.
YOUNG ADULT
BETSY-TACY SERIES #5 & #6
HISTORICAL
1906
FRIENDS AND FAMILY
Published 1945/1946 - Own Ebooks
•
More books loosely related to the Little House series. Betsy's family lives in Deep Valley which is based on Mankato the nearest big town to Walnut Grove, where the Ingalls family lived two different times. Their second time in Walnut Grove was 1877-1879 (By the Shores of Silver Lake). The first Betsy-Tacy story takes place twelve years later. I read the first four books, which are Middle Grade, in this series last December.
GOODREADS
•
I am going add these two books to my July total because I will easily finish them before the first of August.
LITERARY FICTION
STANDALONE
CLASSIC
Published 1847 - Own Ebook
•
This is my next A Year of Brontë book. I want to get my buddy read with Liis finished before she goes back to university.
MEMOIR
CLASSIC
Published 1961 - Libby Borrow
•
This will be the first title for my August Dog Days of Summer blog theme.
MIDDLE GRADE
SERIES NUMBER FOUR
HISTORICAL
HISTORICAL
LATE 1870s
PIONEER LIFE
FAMILY
Published 1937 - Own Paperback
•
This will be my next Little House series buddy re-read with Jolene.
⚫
BOOKS READ
TWELVE
ARCS
NONE
PHYSICAL BOOKS
NONE
EBOOKS
NINE
AUDIOBOOKS
THREE
MANGA - GRAPHIC NOVELS - COMICS
ONE
MIDDLE GRADE
NONE
YOUNG ADULT
THREE
ADULT FICTION
EIGHT
NONFICTION
ONE
RE-READS
NONE
MY FAVORITE BOOK IN JULY b>
★★★★★
2026
YEAR TO WRAP-UP DATE
TOTALS
43
PERSONAL CHALLENGES
NONFICTION 7/12
MIDDLE GRADE 11/12
NATIVE AMERICAN/FIRST NATIONS AUTHORS 0/3
MUSIC 0/1
PLAYS 0/1
BACKLIST ARCS 0/3
CLASSICS/VINTAGE 13/12
RE-READS 6/12
FREEBIES/99¢ KINDLE BOOKS 6/12
NYT 100 BEST BOOKS OF THE 21ST CENTURY 1/3
BOOKER PRIZE FIRST PLACE WINNERS 0/3
•••
MIDDLE GRADE - 11
YOUNG ADULT - 4
ADULT FICTION - 20
NONFICTION - 7
•
GRAPHIC NOVELS/MANGA - 1
AUDIOBOOKS - 8
EBOOKS - 35
PHYSICAL COPIES - 4
BORROWED - 23
Prompt for JULY, A Book Found at a Used Bookstore, completed!
•
I purchased a used paperback of Wide Sargasso Sea, to annotate, from Better World Books; although it arrived late and I only read part of it from the physical book. I have been using it a lot to look up passages for my blog overview. I read most of it from the free Internet Archive Library.



















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by.