Tuesday, March 29, 2022

TELL ME TUESDAY #372 - Last. Now. Next - Tidbits #AmReading

 

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-TWO
TIDBITS

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


2022 A YEAR OF BLACK AND NATIVE AMERICAN AUTHORS

THIS IS TWO WEEKS WORTH OF READING



 
★★★
YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION 1955
RACISM
FRIENDSHIP
Published May 5th 2020 - Hoopla Borrow
Let me just say that I hate low resolution book cover images. I wish Goodreads would have a standard authors and publishers have to meet for images. *points at the cover above* I loved the storyline, but the writing pulled the story down.


★★★★
(4.5)
ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
REALISTIC CONTEMPORARY
HISTORICAL ELEMENTS
FAMILY
RACE RELATIONS 
Published February 2021 - Hoopla Borrow
I almost DNFed this in the first 15%, but I'm glad I stuck with it!


★★
MIDDLE GRADE
SERIES #1
FANTASY
FAMILY
FRIENDSHIP
Published 2018 - Overdrive Borrow
Low quality writing killed this story. It has good bones, though, so I'm going to read the sequel to see if the writing improves.




MIDDLE GRADE? YOUNG ADULT?
STANDALONE
FANTASY
NATIVE AMERICAN CULTURE
FAMILY
FRIENDSHIP
Published 2020 - Own Ebook
I had to check to see if this was published as MG or YA, and it's Middle Grade according to the publisher, but the MC is in seventh grade and some of the story elements are more than a bit too scary for 7-12 year olds, so I have a problem with that. I really liked this book in the beginning (as YA), but for some reason it began to bore me, so I've set it aside for a short while.


ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
REALISTIC CONTEMPORARY
HHISTORICAL ELEMENTS
FAMILY
BLACK CULTURE
Published 2015 - Overdrive Borrow
I'm really liking this. The author is a skilled storyteller.




MIDDLE GRADE
GRAPHIC NOVEL
SERIES #1
Published 2020 - Overdrive Borrow












What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.