Sunday, January 9, 2022

TURNING THE PAGE ON 2021 - Reading Wrap-Up #ReadingChallenges #BestBooks2021

  

TURNING THE PAGE ON 2021
READING WRAP-UP

This old monthy wrap-up feature of mine is going to rise from the ashes in 2022, so I thought I would post a 2021 wrap-up to reintroduce it. Starting in January TTP will be landing here in the library the last Sunday of every month.



2021
YEAR TO DATE TOTALS
BOOKS READ
103

Somehow I read 17 books in December, well... I read nine graphic novels, so that helped, ha ha! I haven't bested 100 books since 2015 when I read 116 books.




MIDDLE GRADE 24
YOUNG ADULT 8
ADULT FICTION 58
NONFICTION 13
GRAPHIC NOVELS 16
AUDIOBOOKS 22
EBOOKS 79
PHYSICAL COPIES 1
BORROWED 42
ARCS 23




LET US READ MIDDLE GRADE
This challenge was hosted by A DANCE WITH BOOKS. My goal was to read 18 MG titles and I read 24!
24/18


TURTLE RECALL
Another challenge hosted by A DANCE WITH BOOKS is a Discworld reading challenge. It has become an annual event! Last year I met my goal of one a month for 12 total. This year I didn't do so well. My goal again was one a month to begin with, but I dropped it to six books, mid-year, and I only managed four, one of them being an art book. I can't participate this year because I'm reading all BIPOC authors, but there is an exception for Nonfiction, so I am hoping to buddy read a book about Terry Pratchett, or about the series with Annemieke from A Dance With Books. I also am hoping to figure out how to post images to Goodreads (the old way isn't working for me anymore) so I can join the discussions on the Discworld art board. This way I will still be semi active and ready to jump right back in, in 2023.
4/6




NEWBERY CHALLENGE 1/6
NONFICTION 13/6
RE-READS 8/6
NONFICTION ANTI-RACISM 4/6





BEST MIDDLE GRADE BOOK READ
I couldn't choose a favorite!




BEST YOUNG ADULT BOOK READ




BEST ADULT FICTION BOOK READ




BEST NONFICTION READ




WORST BOOK READ
The publisher couldn't even bother providing a good media image for anyone.




BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT




FAVORITE MAINSTREAM BOOK READ




HONORABLE MENTION




SORRY IT'S OVER
*weeps unabashedly*







Did you meet your reading goals?
What was your favorite book in 2021?
Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.