Thursday, August 26, 2021

FURS-DAY FEATURE August 2021 - Dog Days of Summer #DDOS

AUGUST 2021 EDITION
DOG DAYS OF SUMMER

It's back! Furs-Day Feature will be live in The Library the last Thursday of every month! This feature was created by Jolene, from Jo's Book Blog, back in the beginning of 2019. Her blog is on indefinite hiatus, so I'll be reviving it here on my blog. This will be my tenth post since March 2019.


This month is all about dogs, dogs, and more dogs of Instagram in honor of



DOGUE SPA
Have you seen this fun and entertaining LA dog groomers' Instagram account? No? Then click the link for dog's sake. Ha ha.


WOLFGANG2242
If you are not following Steve Greig's senior pet adoption Instagram account you need to hop over right now. He has added more dogs to his family since this photo and a turkey named Tofu, too!

GOODREADS

2021

I love Bunny the Talking Dog, although her mom has been on the hipster drama bomb train for the past few months. I do love Bunny though. * I had to completely remove my opinions from this post about the ridiculous notion Bunny's mom has that all dogs (yes that says ALL dogs) get stressed when people outside of immediate friends and family pet them, and that letting strangers pet your dog is abuse. Someone told me I don't know anything about dogs in the comments and when I told her I trained and showed dogs for over 14 years, five of those years professionally, she called me a #$%&ing liar. I had to remove her comment.

I find the videos on their Facebook account the best to watch because they aren't overly edited and sometimes the best content is what she edits out.


I'VE PET THAT DOG
I started following Gideon on Twitter about three years ago and just recently started following his IG account. He certainty has disproved Bunny's mom's theory that all dogs hate to be pet by strangers! His byline is, petting all the dogs, one dog at a time. Most of the dogs featured in his photos are either rescues, disabled, or have a special story attached to them. During Shelter at Home he would hold up a photo of a dog and say, "I wish I could pet..."


GOODREADS
He has written a children's book with his mom about how to read a dog's body language.
Did you know our fellow book blogger, Karen, from For What It's Worth has an Instagram account for her two cutie pie shelties, Ripley and Kai? I love it!


Do you follow any pet IG accounts, or have one of your own?
Leave links in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.