Sunday, April 1, 2018

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS #160 - Harry Potter and the Bold-Faced Italics


NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY


THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
WEEKLY WRAP-UP
BLOG - LIFE - MUSIC - WEB

TELL ME TUESDAY
TOP TEN
OUT OF THIS WORLD


COVER CONVERSATIONS
NONFICTION WEEK

I didn't know that Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS did a Tell Me Tuesday (on Friday, ha ha) until now, so if you could hop over and give her a visit I would appreciate it! You can find her post: HERE.


My son Baz was promoted to support services at work. He gets a dollar more an hour and has to wear khaki pants and a polo shirt. Heh heh. I think if they had asked him to cut his hair that would have been a deal breaker. He is still going back to university, though, thank goodness. He was offered an assistant manager's job last year, but he wouldn't have been able to go back to school with that schedule.



I love petting my cat's soft belly. She's a Slytherin though so you have to watch out! There is a cat Hogwarts house sorting test. I will have to see if I can find it and post it here next week.



This was an ARC from Netgalley many many moons ago, but I have since bought the ebook. I have the other two books as ARCs from Netgalley, too. The third and last book publishes May first, so I am going to read the series for the CAN YOU READ A SERIES IN A MONTH challenge, hosted by BECAUSE READING!




BUDDY BOOK MAIL
Elizabeth from SO LONG... & THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH knew I hadn't read any Neil Gaiman yet and these were on her donate pile, so she donated them to me! I have been trying to win The Graveyard Book for ages because the ebook never goes on sale, ha ha. I was very very pleased to see it. Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS was talking about how Gaiman hardcovers always have a little surprise under the dustcover in her NAKED BOOK COVERS post, so I peeked and it does!

FROM PUBLISHER
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD is my favorite book of all time, so when I saw this title I emailed St. Martins Press and BEGGED for a physical ARC. I was gobsmacked when it showed up on my doorstep!



Greg from BOOK HAVEN had an interesting post on Friday... WHY DRAGONS ARE LIKE CATS.


 The complete Harry Potter series will get new bold print and italics editions!

You can read more about it: HERE.



I don't have anything planned. Any suggestions?

Have a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.