Sunday, April 23, 2017

THE SUNDAY POST #109

THE SUNDAY POST
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND NINE
THE SUNDAY POST is a weekly wrap-up feature hosted by Kimba at the CAFFEINATED BOOK REVIEWER.



LAST. NOW. NEXT.

Only one post again this week, but the tide has turned! I remembered that my sister still had her old Kindle Fire, so I bought it from her for $25.00. It is the same model as Fhkeindle the Demon Kindle (my first Fire) and even though it is one generation newer it still has all of Fhkeindle's infuriating glitches: spontaneous shutdowns, bouts of frozen curser, disappearing text, page jumping, off and on spellcheck, screen freezing, quick power dropouts at 39% charged... BUT I AM NOT COMPLAINING! Not having to sit with the laptop to blog after working on it all day is FABULOUS! And let me tell you about trying to play Words With Friends on the computer, it was a slow tortuous nightmare. Lugging the laptop around to listen to my audiobooks was hellish, too. I am still hoping Amazon will replace Igor, but at least I am not going crazy anymore.
▪ ▪ ▪
I am slowly trying to catch up with everyone, so as usual there will be comment vomiting from me in your future!

I went looking for a comfortable reading chair for my bedroom, again, and this time... SUCCESS!
I saw this photo on Re-Fabulous Furnishing's consignment shop Facebook page on Thursday, and it was still there on Saturday. The other two chairs I was interested in were gone, but this one was tucked away in a back corner. I guess it was meant to be. Next week I'll have a picture of it in its new home all decked out with pillows and throw, and maybe the cat if she's not being grumpy. Heh.

BOUGHT EBOOKS
Another addition to my Hoffman collection. It is still $1.99 today.

I bought the first book not too long ago. I hope I didn't pay more than 99¢ for it, ha ha. I also thought these were the only books, but I see there is one, maybe two, more? The bundle is still only $1.99 right now.

NETGALLEY
LITERARY FICTION
CONTEMPORARY
ISSUE RELATED
RACISM
It publishes June 6th.

LITERARY FICTION
CONTEMPORARY
I have seen this listed as YA and "coming of age" on Goodreads and it is not. These characters are into their twenties. It publishes June 15th.

BOOK BLOGGER HOP
Do You Stop Reading Books Against Your Beliefs?

TELL ME TUESDAY
Last. Now. Next.

52 PINS IN 52 WEEKS
My Easter "Chick-Off" with blogging buddy Jolene!

THE SUNDAY POST
Have an magical new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.