Friday, March 31, 2017

BOOK BLOGGER HOP #4 - How Much Do You Hop?

NUMBER FOUR
How Much Do You Hop?

l

BOOK BLOGGER HOP is hosted by Billy at Ramblings From A Coffee Addicted Writer. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog. This week's question was submitted by Elizabeth from SILVER'S REVIEWS.


Do you visit every listed blog in the linky list when you are participating in a meme? 

Visit, yes, unless they have been rude or off hand to me in the past, ha ha, but I don't always comment; especially on huge linkies.
▪ ▪ ▪
For linkies on the large side I first concentrate on blogging buddies and bloggers who are frequent commenters here on my blog. I comment on all buddies' blog posts and try to comment on the frequent fliers. I usually make it up to the frequent fliers by commenting on more than one of their posts next time I hop. Everyone else is left to how much free time I have, and that usually isn't that much. For smaller linky groups I will normally comment on everyone... but again, except for people who have been less than friendly in the past.

▫ ▫ ▫
For example: the blogger I was talking about last hop, who told me my blog suffered from "personality leakage", I see her on linkies from time to time and there is no way I will visit her blog let alone comment!
There are other reasons that will keep me from commenting, though. Some blogs have so much stuff on their sidebars, especially blogs with widgets on both sides, that they take forever to load. I won't wait around because I could be commenting on three other blogs in the meantime. Some blogs don't like my comments, heh heh, and take so long to publish that the link times out. I know which blogs these are and don't bother to try. There was one blog, until recently, that even when viewing in desktop mode, had the publish button off screen. I could only comment on her blog when I was on my laptop, which wasn't often. And last, but not least, the blogs who have microscopic font, or color combos like light pink font on grey, or neon green on a medium green background, etc... these 60 year old eyes cannot read your blog. Ha ha!

*UPDATE: After hopping I realized from reading other bloggers' posts that I will also not visit blogs whose authors do not either reply to my comment on their blog, or comment on mine. They have to at least do one or the other. Also, it dawned on me that if a link goes to the blog's home page, and the meme post is not on top, I leave, no way am I searching for a post. 
What are your hopping habits?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.