Tuesday, March 31, 2015

TELL ME TUESDAY #37

TELL ME TUESDAY is a feature that oozed from the fried brains of myself and one of my best blogging buddies. It is a weekly, or bi-weekly feature (depending on your reading style), where you tell us what you are reading now, and why, and what you will be reading in the future from your tbr pile, and why. I am oh so curious why people read what they read. So tell us!

JOINING US THIS WEEK
Shannon at REX ROBOT REVIEWS
&
Elizabeth at
SO LONG... & THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH
Go have a peek at their newest book grabs and tell them yours.

※※※※※


So I finished both, In the Shadow of the Mountains  (which I was reading last week) AND The Wailing (which wasn't too difficult because it is more or less a novella), prequels to The Books of Lost Knowledge by MR Graham. The first Book of Lost Knowledge, The Medium,  I read more than a year ago when I received it from a Goodreads giveaway. As I have said before it is the only vampire book I have attempted since my beloved Anne Rice books that I have loved. The book is more than just an Adult vampire story, it is also a nail-biting Psychological Thriller, and has other paranormal beings in it interacting with the vampires in interesting ways.


Anyway, I wanted to get the prequels read because the second Liminality book of The Books of Lost Knowledge, the sequel to The Medium, The Mora, came out and I wanted to read it straight away. It is what I am reading now and I am loving it as much as the first one.


The author said she is taking a break from The Books of Lost knowledge story for a while (she warned me it ends in a cliffhanger, though, HOW CRUEL!), so I will be reviewing the group of books together on the blog, soon.


※※※※※
After I finish The Mora, I will be reading the eARC of Made You Up I received from Edelweiss.


It is a Contemporary YA that deals with schizophrenia.


What are you reading?

TELL ME!

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh, so happy to hear you're loving all the books in the series! But it is very cruel to end a book in a cliffhanger and then take a break from the series! EVIIIIIL!!!
    Cannot wait to read your reviews for the whole series so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pili, you are always such as good pal. I am so thankful I met you in this crazy book blogging world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I can't wait to read Made You Up, let me know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Schizoprenia! I don't think I've read too many books about that so I am looking forward to trying it as well. I just hope it's written and executed well and not romanticized... some books tend to do that and I hate it when it happens.

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is a enlightening story, also. I went to college with two people suffering from schizophrenia, so the author won't be able to skate anything past me.

      Delete
  5. Ohh, I can't WAIT to see what you think of Made You Up! I'm already seeing insanely good reviews for it...squee!! I just finished Stolen Songbird, which didn't really wow me, which is a shame. There wasn't even that much "songbird" singing in it. WHAT EVEN. But I do like epic fantasy so it wasn't all bad. Ohh, and I'm mid-way through Game of Thrones and sort of freaking out for all the characters but still loving it. xD

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.