Saturday, May 31, 2014

ARMCHAIR BEA 2014 WRAP UP...

CAUTION: THERE IS A STROBE EFFECT GIF IN THE BODY OF THIS BLOG POST

So... what did I think of the ARMCHAIR BEA 2014 experience? 


I did find a few interesting blogs to follow and I did get a few new followers myself, and some new tweet peeps, but for all the work the extra blog posts were, I am asking myself, "Was it worth it?"


Probably not.

I did have my confusion about Twitter parties re-confirmed.



I won a prize the second day...


but all the good prizes on the list were gone the first day. 


LAME


Then there was the "PERSONALITY LEAKAGE" incident...



Um...

I got some bloggerly advice on my Day Four Expanding Your Blogging Horizons post. Apparently we are all supposed to be like sheep...


and follow a strict narrow "theme" if we want to have a successful blog. Apparently my "theme" of books and libraries isn't narrow enough and my "personality leakage" is detrimental to my blog's presentability.

Funny how some of those comments came from bloggers also posting about the need for DIVERSITY in literature. 

"PERSONALITY LEAKAGE"


Why should blogs be similar? BORING.
In my opinion, your blog should reflect your personality and your personal views.
 Isn't that why we blog?



So my blog is never going to look like this...


Or this...


This...


And definitely NOT this...



I will just have to embrace my leakage...



I could have been reading.









































5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sheep chair is terrifying!!! Where do u rest your elbows!!?!

      Delete
    2. Who would own such a thing anyway? I'm not even that weird. Lol. I think I got all my Armchair BEA *crickles* out with this post and I can go back to being *wuzzie* Skullbloggery!!

      Delete
  2. Clever post! And I think personality leakage is good! You DO want a blog that is different :-) ...and clever. Good luck with it!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.