Sunday, July 10, 2016

SBPT GUEST POST - PRINCESSA OF BOOKS

Welcome to my second of seven Sunday guest posts for the SUMMER BLOG PROMO TOUR hosted by THE BOOK BRATZ!


Today my SBPT guest poster is Jess, from Princessa Of Books.
I'm going to try not to use any of the Harry Potter books for these answers, but some do fit the question!
1. Expecto Patronum {A childhood book connected to good memories}
Since I'm not going with any HP books, I'll go with the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan! Rick Riordan books in general were my childhood. In this case, the movie got me into the book.

2. Expelliarmus {A book that took you by surprise}
It's been a while since I read this, but Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt. While the contents itself did not surprise me, I was surprised by how much I liked it. I don't remember what it's about but the majority takes place in a library!

3. Prior Incantato {The last book you read}
The last book I read was Alex + Ada, which is a graphic novel about a guy who got a realistic robot as a friend, or friend for now. I gave it 4 stars and I will be reading the sequel! I haven't written up my review for it, though.

4. Alohamora {A book that introduced you to a genre you had not considered before}
Divergent by Veronica Roth! I definitely owe a lot to it for introducing me to the YA genre. Without it, I wouldn't be reading YA or even blogging about it.

5. Riddikulus {A funny book you’ve read}
I'm going with the PJO series again! One of the reasons I have such good memories with it is because it always made me laugh. The one that made me laugh the most was Sea of Monsters, the second book!

6. Sonorus {A book you think everybody should know about}
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I always recommend this book. Even though it is super long, it's also incredibly unique and touching. I don't read much historical fiction, but this book makes me want to read more.

7. Obliviate {A book or spoiler you would like to forget having read}
Allegiant by Veronica Roth. Gosh. The Divergent Trilogy stopped at Insurgent for me. Nope.

8. Imperio {A book you had to read for school}
A ton! But one that I recently read and enjoyed is Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. It's a travel essay that follows Chris McCandless and it honestly changed me. While I was bored by the actual writing, the messages that McCandless had were inspirational and kept me reading.

9. Crucio {A book that was painful to read}
Lord of the Flies. Ugh, I had to read this for school and I was so bored! It wasn't sad or anything, just so boring that I couldn't stand to read it.

10. Avada Kedavra {A book that could kill (interpret as you will)}
I lied, I'm going with the Harry Potter series for this one. It's like this question was designed for this answer. THE FEELS. THEY NEVER GO AWAY.

Tag, you're it! I tag everyone in our SBPT group :).

http-%2F%2Fprincessicaofbooks.wordpress.comJess is your local blogger, bibliophile, feminist, and a future cat-lady. She enjoys supporting her local library and absolutely adores indie bookstores. When she is not reading or doing any other bookish sorts, she is probably listening to Troye Sivan, tweeting (@PrincessicaOB), or doing schoolwork [yes, although she hates it, she is quite responsible]. Feel free to chat with her onTwitter, Goodreads, Instagram or email her at princessiccaaaa[at]gmail[dot]com. Yes, two c's and four a's

Thanks for guest posting, Jess!
If you would like to read my guest post about my ARC free summer reading list you can visit ENDLESS PAGES: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.