Sunday, July 17, 2016

SBPT GUEST POST - BOOKS FOR THOUGHT

Welcome to my third of seven Sunday guest posts for the SUMMER BLOG PROMO TOUR hosted by THE BOOK BRATZ!


Today my guest is Chelsea from BOOKS FOR THOUGHT she is answering the 20 questions from my SATURDAY EVENING CONVERSATIONS feature were I interview bloggers who have a talent for having in depth discussions with other bloggers in their comment sections, but don't get their fair share of visitors. I think this is the essence of blogging, so I like to promote these bloggers.
I guess we should call this post Sunday Morning Conversations with Chelsea!
Hey everyone! First of all I'd like us all to say a huge thank you to La La for hosting me today and for giving me some fun questions to answer about myself for this post. If you want to get to know me then keep reading!

1. When did you first become aware there were blogs and what type of blogs were they?
Oh gosh. Ok I actually first discovered BookTube (book bloggers on YouTube for those who don't know) and I wanted to do something similar minus the whole recording myself thing. That's when I discovered the book blog community and then the YA community. I didn't realize that YA was a thing at the time, I just kind of read whatever and that happened to be mostly YA. This was about 3 years ago I believe. I've been blogging ever since!

2. How did you discover there were book specific blogs?
I basically answered this above haha! Book blogs were actually the first blogs that I really discovered.

3. What made you decide to start blogging?
I just really liked the idea of telling lots of people about all the awesome books I read. I don't have a ton of friends who read and sometimes you just need to get some of these feelings off your chest.


4. Have you ever thought about vlogging?
I considered it, even briefly tried to record a video but it's just no me. Maybe one day I'll try again but right now I don't have the time for it.

5. What is your favorite genre?
Easily fantasy! It's always my go to genre!

6. If you were going to write a book what would it be about?
I think I'd write an awesome YA fantasy with lots of cool creatures like dragons and unicorns. Fantasies are fun because there are no rules, you can create whatever you want!

7. What is your favorite book of all time?
This is a difficult question. I love so many different books but if I had to choose I'd say Harry Potter because it's the first book that made me a serious reader.
8. What is the first book you remember reading all by yourself?
I remember reading the Junie B. Jones  books and Magic Treehouse series when I was in 1st grade (or around there). I quickly moved on to Nancy Drew and Black Beauty after that.

9. Music or no music when reading?
No music. I'm easily distracted.

10. Coffee or tea?
Tea! I love it so much! I've never liked coffee.
11. If you could have the complete works of one author, for free, whom would you pick?
Kelley Armstrong. I'm slowly working on collecting all her book but there's so many! I've read them all, just don't own them all.

12. Favorite book that was assigned in school?
To Kill a Mockingbird was a great one but I actually really enjoyed reading The Kite Runner too.

13. Favorite season?
Honestly I love and hate them all at the same time but I think I have a special place in my heart for fall. It's not too hot and you get to cuddle in big blankets and sweaters. Also no snow!

14. Favorite reading spot?
Anywhere comfy. I tend to read in bed or on the couch but I can pick up a book anywhere.
15. Favorite book to movie adaptation?
I think the first Harry Potter movie was done really well but Game of Thrones is also pretty epic. Even though GoT is a tv show. Shhh.

16. The book that made you cry the hardest?
So, so many. The most recent one was Water's Wrath by Elise Kova. There was a death that hit me pretty hard.

17. Your all time favorite book character?
Once again, there's too many options here! I especially love Elena from the Women of the Otherworld series, Mercy from the Mercy Thompson series, and Ginny Weasley from Harry Potter. What do they have in common? They're all strong female characters who don't let being a women make them any different from anyone else. Girl power!
18. What book series do you think would make a great television show?
This is actually a hard question now that I'm trying to think of something. I kind of want to see The Lunar Chronicles either as a tv show or movie.

19. Favorite book pet?
Fawkes from Harry Potter. I love him!

20. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Meeting so many new people! I can't tell you how many new friends I've made! I also love recommending books so if my reviews help people to pick up a great book then I'm happy.

CHELSEA
I’m Chelsea, a twenty something book lover from way up north, Canada. During the day, I spend my time programming and designing pretty things for the company I work for. At night, besides reading and blogging, I also like to paint, draw, some more designing, and watching cool things on tv. Honestly, I’m a pretty boring person but all the crazy things seem to be attracted to me so I’m never usually bored.
TWITTER @bftreviews

Thanks so much, Chelsea, for chatting with me on the blog today!


OTHER CONVERSATIONS INTERVIEWS
What would you write a book about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.